NPPL 2006 Schedule announced and news for the 06 season.
The National Professional Paintball League (NPPL) and Pure Promotions are pleased to release their tentative schedule and registration information for the 2006 Super 7 World Series. In an effort to grant our loyal customers a better opportunity to beat the registration rush, the Super 7 will be opening early registration for teams who finished in the top 20 of their division in 2005. This early registration option will also be extended to the teams who would like to register for the entire season in advance, securing a spot in each 2006 Super 7 event.
2006 Event Schedule
Huntington Beach, CA
March 24-26 (confirmed)
May 19-21 (tentative)
San Francisco, CA or Boston, MA
July 14-16 (tentative)
New York, NY
September 8-10 (tentative)
San Diego, CA
Oct 20-22 (tentative)
A special note regarding the Super 7 game format: Different format options were discussed by the captains at last weekend’s NPPL Annual Meeting. It is important to note that all format changes will be explored before anything is confirmed. In addition, Pure Promotions and the NPPL will be discussing such proposed format changes with ESPN. A meeting will be held next week with the NPPL Format Committee (made up of volunteer captains) to discuss these options. The Professional team captains will also be consulted before any decisions are made regarding a change to the current format.
2006 League Structure
The NPPL Super 7 World Series will be hosting 207 teams for each event in the 2006 season.
18 Professional Teams (Qualified and locked)
36 Semi Professional Teams (Qualified and locked)
36 Division I Teams
54 Division II Teams
63 Division III Teams
• Entry Fees and Prizes will be announced Wednesday January 4, 2006.
• Teams who would like to register for the entire 2006 season may do so Friday, January 6, 2006.
• Teams that finished the 2005 season ranked in the top 20 of each division will also be able to register early on January 6th 2006.
• General Registration for the Huntington Beach event will open Mon Jan 9, 2006.
• Professionally ranked players in the 2005 season will be re-classified as Semi Professional unless they are listed on a 2006 Professional Roster.
• Any player who was ranked Semi Professional in the 2005 season will be re-classified as Division I unless they are listed on a 2006 Professional or Semi Professional Roster.
• Semi Professional teams may have up to 2 Professional Athletes on their roster.
• Division I teams may have up to 2 Semi Professional Athletes on their roster.
NO Pro Athletes.
• Division II teams may have up to 2 Division I Athletes on their roster.
NO Semi Pro or Pro Athletes.
• Division III teams may have only Division III Athletes on their roster. Division III players are re-classified as Division II after being rostered at 5 NPPL events.